Don’t let dentures keep you from smiling!
Did you know that 178 million Americans are missing one or more teeth and that there are over 35 million people in the United States that have no teeth at all? The numbers are shocking, but did you know that implant dentistry offers those with missing teeth a way to restore their smile?
Why are so many Americans affected by tooth loss?
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry most tooth loss is caused by tooth decay, injury, periodontal (gum) disease, or defects. In the past, the options for those with missing teeth were limited to dentures or bridges, but today implant dentistry has provided a more permanent and natural alternative. Now that the options are available what are the advantages to dental implants?
7 Benefits of Implant Dentistry
- More Natural Looking Teeth – Because dental implants fuse to the jawbone they provide the look, feel, and function of your natural teeth. Other temporary options may encourage bone deterioration, causing issues with speech and eating.
- Improved Speech – Poorly fitted dentures can actually slip in your mouth causing you to slur your speech or make it difficult to talk, but with dental implants, there’s no need to worry them affecting your speech.
- Eat Your Favorite Foods – With dentures, you have to be careful what you eat, or find another way to eat your favorite foods. Dental implants provide the permanence you need to once again enjoy the foods you love.
- Protect and Renew Your Jawbone – Overtime the loss of teeth can cause serious deterioration in your jawbone. If not remedied, deterioration of the jawbone can affect the shape and appearance of your face. Dental implants restore the health of your bone, and stimulate new bone growth to prevent any more bone loss.
- Boosts Self-Esteem – You’ll no longer be embarrassed to smile or participate in the fun with friends because dental implants restore more than your jawbone, they can restore your self-esteem!
- Durable – Dental bridges are made to last as long as 10 years if taken care of properly, but at some point, they have to be replaced. Why be inconvenienced with changing your dental bridges every 10 years when you can have a lifetime with dental implants? With regular visits to your dentist, your dental implants can last a lifetime!
- Doesn’t Damage Healthy Teeth – Grinding away healthy teeth to support dental implants isn’t required! In fact, dental implants actually protect and support teeth.
Is the thought of having an implant dentistry procedure sounding more appealing to you now? We hope so! At Hospital Dental Group, we want to see you smile again! Contact us today, and let us help you smile again!
Related Tags: Restoring Your Smile With Implant Dentistry | Dental Implants