Are you embarrassed by the color of your teeth?
Do you avoid smiling in pictures because the shade of your smile is more ecru than white? Do you avoid photos altogether because you think your smile is unappealing? Well, you’re not alone!
According to Dentistry Today, 25% of people don’t like smiling because of their teeth, while another 28% refuse to take pictures on social media because they think their teeth are unattractive. That’s a lot of people that don’t like their smile! If your smile has been various shades of white to yellow maybe it’s time you gave teeth whitening a try. If you don’t have the time for an in-office whitening treatment consider these at-home teeth whitening treatments.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Methods
If you’re not sure what your best option is for brightening your smile you can always try these at-home treatments.
- Whitening Toothpaste and Mouthwash -. Most whitening toothpaste and rinses don’t contain bleach so it won’t change the natural color of your teeth. However, these whitening agents do contain chemicals and abrasives that remove surface stains giving your smile the shine it needs. Whitening toothpaste should only be used twice a week and should not substitute your regular oral hygiene routine.
- Whitening Strips – Whitening strips are a popular, at-home whitening treatment. These thin ‘invisible strips’ are coated with a peroxide-based whitening gel that you wear for a directed length of time, each day, for about a week.
- Teeth Whitening Kits – Our office offers teeth whitening kits to take home and apply yourself. We create bleaching trays that are custom fit to your teeth. You apply bleach into your tray, and dependant upon the strength of the bleach you take home, you will wear it for a short amount of time, each day, for 2 weeks. Some say they have noticed their teeth up to 8 shades whiter!
- Floss – Flossing is a great way to keep your teeth white! Flossing is meant to remove plaque buildup which is what causes the yellowing of our teeth. If you brush twice a day consider flossing twice a day as well.
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda – Food grade hydrogen peroxide and baking soda make a great at-home teeth whitening treatment. You combine these 2 ingredients to form a paste and brush your teeth. Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide are mild abrasives that will easily remove surface stains and kill bacteria. If you use this at-home treatment be sure to thoroughly rinse your mouth when you’ve finished brushing.
Related Tags: Teeth Whitening | Teeth Whitening Treatments